Onward and upwards

This week, we have been working on the test payload.  So far, we have finalized the design for the main body, copied it to foam board and cut it out.  The interior of the first generation test payload was not very flexible or accessible.  Seeking to fix both problems, we decided to implement a test payload skeleton.  It is made up of a series of removable platforms with support poles in each corner.  Each platform holds an internal system of the test payload.  We also had to design a way to keep the nose cone attached while still allowing access to the camera (Idea credit to A.W.).  We printed a few versions before settling on the final design.

The four versions of the cone attachment point.

We also installed the new parts on the camera, bringing us one step closer to a flight ready system.

In the following weeks, we will be setting up and testing the parachute system,  finishing the camera setup and assembling the test payload.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *